It’s interesting how sometimes you can work your butt off, and sound horrible.
Well, I probably didn’t sound horrible, but I just wasn’t thrilled with the way that I played for the past couple of gigs.
Usually what happens is:
1. I work really hard at something.
2. I have a few awesome gigs.
3. I begin to get burned out, and reach a point of diminishing returns, or perhaps a point where it requires a ton of work to make the next step forward.
4. I play a few disappointing gigs. I’m so used to making huge steps forward, that it’s a letdown to realize that I didn’t make another huge step forward.
5. I get discouraged and stop practicing.
5. I continue to work hard.
See ya next week!