Seems like we are playing everywhere this month. Here’s whats up:
– On April 1 we will prove that we are no April Fools when we play in Downtown Pittsboro with funky drummer Robert Hudson.
– Dr. Ira Wiggins continues to put up with me playing upright acoustic bass with his quartet at Beyu in Durham.
– We’re at Raleigh club Oliver Twist for the first time.
– dot.Combo will be rocking the Remix Art Gallery in Carrboro. Check out our special features “From Mahler to Moondance”, where the audience tries to stump the band with any song in any style, and “InstaMeters”, where we improvise a Meters-style song on the spot.
– Monday nights at the Blue Note Grill are still swinging, and all of the Cats have been shedding and giving the house band a run for their money.
TJ is back in action and he sounds just as good on the drums as ever- stop by one of our April shows and give him some love.
See you all soon!